Monday, December 8, 2008

Changes

Reading my old blog from a couple of years ago, I'm realizing "things."


I typed those missives only a couple of years ago (plus change), but perhaps that parenthetical is really the point of this post.


Yeah, I know...as you get older, time seems to pass exponentially faster. Downhill I suppose, at least in a temporal sense. In the rear-view-mirror, you see the distance bent by parallax even as the speedometer reads constant. Yet each contemporary moment can be fleeting or interminably still in turn.


Where do we go, because we've been a lot of places and I'm not sure that's it's a good idea to NOT pull over and ask directions! Right?!?


I hardly recognize the CD Holmes of two years ago. I remember it as a movie I saw and somewhat enjoyed, but now I can hardly relate. It's an oogy feeling.


Maybe that's a good thing? Maybe this is growth? Recession? Not sure.

Again...no complete thought, only observations.


Indiana Jones said it best when he told Marion, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

No comments:

Post a Comment